- 2 cups pancake mix (use your favorite brand)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups water (adjust as needed for desired consistency)
- Cooking spray or melted butter for the griddle or pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pancake mix, pumpkin puree, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. Mix them together until well combined.
- Gradually add water to the mixture while stirring. Start with 1 1/2 cups of water, but you can adjust the amount to achieve your desired pancake batter consistency. You want the batter to be thick but pourable.
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it with cooking spray or melted butter.
- Pour 1/4 cup portions of the pumpkin pancake batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter into a round shape if needed.
- Cook the pancakes until you see bubbles forming on the surface, which usually takes about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes over and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the pancakes from the griddle and keep them warm. You can do this by placing them on a baking sheet in a warm oven (set to 200°F or 95°C).
- Continue cooking the remaining batter, adding more butter or cooking spray to the griddle as needed.
- Serve your pumpkin pancakes warm with your favorite toppings such as maple syrup, whipped cream, chopped nuts, or fresh berries.
These pumpkin pancakes made with a box pancake mix are quick and easy to prepare and have a delightful pumpkin spice flavor. Enjoy!